Orange Blueberry Muffins


When it comes to muffins or cupcakes I have a hard time to decide which flavor to bake.
There are a lot of options…chocolate, vanilla, orange…u name a flavor and there is a muffin or cupcake for it…
I have bananas in my table…..I have apples, oranges and blueberries in my refrigerator……ooph…
Why not a mixed fruits muffin… banana +apple +orange….hmmm shud I take that step??
Oo noo..I hate Mixed fruit Jam, Mixed fruit Yogurt…so no more mixed fruit…thatz too much flavors for me..

So I let banana and apple rest in peace and struck a note …Orange and Blueberry Muffin

May the muffins be with you …here is the recipe

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup Butter or Corn Oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup Milk
1/3 cup freshly squeezed Orange Juice
1 tea spoon Orange Zest
1 /2 tea spoon Vanilla essence

1/ 2 Cup Blueberries
Almond Flakes for decoration

In a large bowl, beat in the butter and Sugar till the color of the mixture lightens. Add in the Vanilla essence.
Beat in egg and beat in low speed for 2 minutes.
Combine the wet ingredients- juice, zest, and milk in a small bowl.
Add half the wet ingredients to the bowl of butter- sugar mixture and beat on low speed. Add half the flour mixture and beat just until combined.
Repeat with remaining wet and dry ingredients and flour mixture.

Sprinkle a spoon full of flour to the blueberries and gently toss it to that the blueberries get a coat of the flour. This is so that the Blueberries don’t sink into the bottom of the muffins

Add in the blueberries to the batter and gently fold in.

Divide batter evenly into the muffin tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cupcakes spring back when the top is pressed or until a toothpick tester comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the muffin pan and cool on a wire rack.

Enjoy the muffins with a cup of Coffee :-)

1 Comments:

  1. Hi there thanks a lot for visiting my space and for following me....I enjoyed going throu your awesome collection....muffins looks perfect dear.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...