Brown Rice Been Hoon/Noodles



Rice noodle or Bee Hoon is a very popular Main course in Singapore.
The vegetarian stall in the Hawker Center nearby my previous office serves very nice Bee hoon with crispy vegetables..
Thatz one of the many things I miss in my current office:-(

When I saw the packet of Brown Rice noodle in NTUC, I quickly grabbed it to make Bee Hoon at home.
Here Goes the recipe..

Ingredients
Brown Rice noodles
Carrots 2 Thinly Sliced
White Onion 1 Thinly Sliced
Greens 1 packet Cut roughly
Dried Shitake Mushroom -4
Garlic 2 pods -Chopped
Ginger Small piece-Chopped
Chilies and Chinese Celery Chopped.
Sesame Oil 2 tsp
Dark Soya sauce 2 tsp
Tom Yam sauce [Optional]

Method
  1. Soak the dried Shitake mushroom in boiling after for 30 minute. After 30 min, wash the mushroom lightly and chop them finely.
  2. Soak the brown rice noodle in boiling water for a minute and drain it in a colander. I usually pour some cold water to the colander so that the noodle don’t become mushy
  3. Meanwhile heat the pan and add in the sesame oil. Once the oil is hot enough add in the ginger ,Garlic and chilies and sauté in high heat for a minute
  4. Add the onion and mushroom and Continue to sauté it till Onion start to caramelize
  5. Add in the carrots and cook for a 2-3 minute.
  6. Now Add in the greens and celery and Soy sauce and stir it.
  7. Lastly add the noodle and stir
  8. I added 1 teaspoon of Tom yam paste at this state as I like the tangy taste of tom yam.

1 Comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...