Eggplant Parmesan

I first came across this recipe during the show Throw down with Boby Flay in Food Network Asia
The way he made the Eggplant parmesan looked pretty easy until I actually went to web site and checked the recipe
That was a pretty long one…:-( Check the original recipe here… Isn’t it looooong?

Eggplant being one of my favorite vege..I decided to give it a shot with my own version ,by skipping several steps from the above recipe…
I skipped the deep frying portion and chose to bake it in oven for few minutes
I chose the easier option of getting the store bought Pasta sauce instead of making my own pasta sauce
I guess I followed rest of the few steps:-)

Here goes my version

1 Large egg plant peeled and cut to circles.
2 tbspn Corn Flour
Bread crump’s ¼ Cup
1 Cup Pasta Sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Dried Basil Leave

Cup the egg plant and let it dry in a Kitchen towel till the moisture has been absorbed.
Now add water to corn flour and make it to a smooth batter.
Dip the egg plant in batter and then in breadcrumbs. Coat both sides evenly with bread crump’s
Drizzle some Olive oil in a baking tray and arrange the egg plants in the tray.
Bake in 180 Degree for 10 -15 min on both sides. If you are cutting your egg plant very thinly, you can reduce the baking time accordingly

Spread some pasta sauce on a baking pan, arrange the first layer of egg plant on top of the sauce.
Spread some Mozzarella cheese, followed by adding 2-3 table spoons Pasta sauce.
Repeat the layering.
Grate some Parmesan cheese on the top, and some dried basil.

Bake in the oven for 30 min until the cheese on the top lightly browns.


Verdict…The crunchiness of bread crump’s ..the tanginess of tomato..the soft eggplants with the melted cheese..I would say it tasted good.

I am yet to try the real version in a restaurant…so I can’t say how much close my version is to the real Egg plant parmesan:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...