Lamingtons



Lately blogging and even cooking have become an weekend affair for me.After my last post, I don’t think I have visited this space more than twiceL That too not more than few minutes..
I am caught up in the midst of a whirlpool at work and I can say that  I am virtually living in my office and coming home just for sleeping. Needless to say my kitchen and oven have been idle for weeks..The craziest part is I am even dreaming of work, slides, and even colleagues..to be specific bossesL. Every morning when I wake up, I feel like I just came out of  a long exhausting meeting.
To keep myself sane, I am making some time for some fun activities as well. DH and I have started going to mandarin classes..which turned out to be 2 hrs of sit-up comedy. 4 classes down and I can’t even remember 4 phrases. And even those 4 , when I tried on my colleagues, I got weird looks, stares and one even said never ever say that loud again. So I am absolutely sure I haven’t even nailed down a single phrase yet.The most difficult part for me is the tones..Oo man , no wonder why Chinese people are way smarter. If they can master such a difficult language they ought to be smart !
And yes, we started Salsa classes too, thatz was weird at start ..but turning out just like the mandarin classes...Two classes down and our dance doesn’t look even look a teeny tiny bit close to Real salsa dance.

Before you get bored of activity calendar, let me bring you back to today’s recipe. Lamingtons!


 Lamingtons

Recipe adapted From Joy of baking

Ingredients
1 Cup Flour
1 tspn Baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ Cup butter
1/3 Cup sugar
1 Egg
2 tbspn Orange Juice
1 tnspn Orange Zest
¼ Cup Milk

For Chocolate Coating:
 2 Cup icing Sugar
3 tbspn Cocoa powder
2 tbspn Butter
¼ Cup Milk

1 Cup desiccated coconut for coating

 Directions
Sift together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg , orange juice and zest and continue to beat well.
Slowly add the flour and milk alternately and mix well until the batter the smooth
Pour the batter into a pan and bake in a 180 degrees  pre-heated oven for 25 minutes
Let it cool on a wire rack , wrap it in a cling wrap and keep it in refrigerator for few hours. This makes it easier to slice it without crumbling.
Slice the cake into 1 inch cubes.
To prepare the icing, mix all ingredients in a bowl, place it over a pan of simmering water and stir until smooth .
Now roll up the sleeves and dip the cake in the icing , roll it in coconut and place it in wire rack. Repeat the same for rest of the cake slices.


I ran out of icing..so made some..not so lamingtons..!



17 Comments:

  1. ohhh....such a yummy recipe ...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delocious and yummy looking lamingtons.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these lamingtons are a beauty!!! mouthwatering here!!
    Sowmya

    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour
    Ongoing Event - Let's Party - Eggless Bakes and Treats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and lovely lamigtons and a big favorite at home... Lovely clicks too, hard days for you Ramya I just hope things loosen up a bit for you as the year ends... take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen lamingtons everywhere lately. These are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect laminations. Loved the recipe and the clicks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lamingtons look too good. Never tasted them. Would love to :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lamingtons look picture perfect and so tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy cute lamingtons dear..so tempting me to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this Ramya and ur pictures are just killing me.. they are so good..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came to know about your blog from Suhaina, you have a lovely blog with good photography here. happy to follow your foodie adventure:-)
    Drop by to mine too whenever you are free (www.thecookingdoctor.co.uk)- I am based in Singapore now tho.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cliks..perfect 4 celebration.....
    BTW Iam back to blogging..plz visit my space n if gets sum time check out my new FB page dear.Thanks in advance..
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THESE AND U HAVE DONE IT SO WELL DEAR...NICE CLICKS,.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOPS THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I AM COMMENTING ON THIS POST...
    HOPE U HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...