Vegan Sticky Dates Cake



I am in a total hibernation mode…After a very long and nerve-racking week at work, I took a day off and am enjoying my 4 day weekendJ Now who can beat that!
Cant believed that two days of  my precious 4 day weekend end is already over and all I  did was go moo-moo and eat. Both of which I hardly did in last one week.
Sigh sigh..Diwali is round the corner and I haven’t made a single festive snack.Let alone snack, I haven’t made a meal in almost a week now. I rarely switched on my stove and when I did it , it was just to make some tea or coffee.
Anyways tomorrow I have a big todo list ,hopefully I can break out of my laziness shell and make some festive snacks. Meantime here is a veganised recipe of my favourite sticky dates cake.


Vegan Sticky Dates Cake

 Ingredients
3 tbpsn brown sugar
2 tbspn oil
1tspn Molasses
¼ Cup Soy Milk+1/2 tspn Apple cider vinegar
1/2 Cup date puree.(method below)
½ Cup flour
½ tspn baking powder
Pinch of Baking soda

Directions
Sift together the dry ingredients.
Deseed about 10-12 dates, add about 3 tbspn water and microwave in high for 30 seconds until all water is absorbed. Once cooled, puree the dates in a blender.
Mix together, sugar, oil, molasses, dates puree and soy milk
Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined
Pour into a cake tin and bake in a 180 degrees preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.



12 Comments:

  1. That looks yumm Ramya..simply love the beautiful clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. magnificеnt points altogether, you simply gained а
    brand nеw гeаder. What might you suggest in regаrds to your put up that уou sіmply made ѕοme days ago?

    Any positiνe?
    Here is my blog post :: Scott Tucker Soccer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...what a great idea. Need to try it for sure. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake looks too good. Wanted to try date cake but just could not. This looks like an easy recipe. Thanks for sharing. Happy Diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks seriously healthy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adipoli cake Ramya...Love the clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. so soft and moist!!! love this vegan cake!!! delicious..
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy cake... Lovely clicks... Subh Diwali wishes to u and ur family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Irresistible,fabulous vegan cake, i wont mind having some rite now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...